(Aliso Viejo, CA)
At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Since 2011, LMC has been growing to successfully develop, build, and manage apartment communities across the country. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America’s leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for the processing and payment of invoices. Generating reports and various other accounting functions. Assist with all reconciliation, reporting, and payment remittance with the Accounting team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing of invoices which includes obtaining proper approvals, entering and verifying account coding
- Route invoices and check requests for approval. Prepare manual checks/wires if needed
- Research and resolve pending invoices to allow for timely processing and ensure their accuracy
- Scan invoices and check requests to the network for retention and audit support purposes
- Regular contact with other departments in LMC to research and resolve problems
- Assist with and maintain current 1099 history on required vendors and complete 1099 filings at year-end
In addition to the above, each associate may be required to cross train for position(s) within the division organizational structure as required. Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years public company experience preferred
- 2-3 years general accounts payable experience with a computer background
- 2-3 work experience, preferably in multifamily or commercial construction
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong work ethic; team player attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent LMC in a positive manner
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Advanced PC skills with strong emphasis in Microsoft Office suite
- Sage/Timberline and Timberscan or any other comparable systems a plus
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Accounts Payable Clerk to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Identify opportunities for systems improvements
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.