(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Summary of Position
Act in an integral administrative support role for the division office in a Fortune 500 company
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, prioritize and execute on large volumes of highly confidential and time-sensitive information.
- Answer and screen phone calls and take detailed messages.
- Meet and greet visitors. Set up and clean up for business meetings.
- Coordinate meetings, appointments and business travel arrangements.
- Ability to see overall goals and execute appropriate details; maintain systems and processes to ensure execution of projects.
- Proactively manage calendars, schedules, and appointments by anticipating current priorities and areas of focus in order to prioritize and arrange future schedules.
- Type business letters, memorandums and other correspondence using Microsoft Office Software.
- Create and edit spreadsheets and presentations.
- Collect daily, monthly, weekly, quarterly reports from business entities.
- Ability to prioritize phone calls/emails, and assisting in resolving problems.
- Maintain accurate, organized and efficient filing system.
- Prepare and process expense reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with others and solve problems on a daily basis.
- Develop processes and efficiencies for routine office management, supply ordering, etc.
- Assign, collect and track all building access cards.
- Ability to operate and trouble shoot standard office equipment.
- Serve as the main contact for the Management Company (pest control, elevator problems, room temps, ceiling lights out, etc.)
- Handle company phone system – name and extension updates, greeting updates, etc.
- Coordinate all materials for meetings and manage all mailings.
- Order food and gifts as requested.
- Special projects or cross train as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have experience with administrative support in a corporate office environment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Excellent writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day, in the confined quarters of an office. This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Administrative Assistant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 15 lbs. Finger dexterity, when operating a computer keyboard and calculator is required. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing, scanning, and copying.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.