(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Summary of Position Requirements
The Construction Accountant is responsible for assisting the Construction Controller in controlling and executing all matters relating to the accounting functions of LMC Construction. Main responsibilities include working closely with Subcontractors to collect all billing documents and lien releases and preparing monthly draws to the Owner. This position also works closely with the Construction team to assist with budgeting, cost analysis and overall project support as it relates to accounting. .
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Construction Controller in organizing and preparing project specific document templates (i.e lien releases, owner G702/G703, etc.) and any other project specific items.
- Set Up Owner Contracts in Sage
- Enter Subcontractor Commitments in Sage
- Job Setup in Sage
- Maintain all documents for each trade in their project files.
- Vendor Setup in Sage (ABR Request)
- Course of Construction
- Coordinate with Contracts Manager to collect any new Commitments and Change Orders to be entered into Sage.
- Collect Subcontractor Billing via Procore on a monthly basis and review for accuracy.
- Track all preliminary notices and lien releases.
- Collect unconditional releases from prior payment applications prior to releasing payment
- Coordinate with Construction team to finalize Owner draw package, prepare, submit to Owner for each project and enter into Sage on a monthly basis.
- Analyze Project Budget with Construction team monthly.
- Verify accuracy of all items in Procore/Sage as it relates to your specific duties.
- Collect all Unconditional Final Releases from Material Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Submit Final Retention Billing to Owner, followed up with an Unconditional Final release after final payment is received
- Finalizing budget and analyzing project cost savings
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, mathematics or business related field.
- Must have worked on multi-family construction projects in estimating capacity.
- Minimum of 5 years prior related work experience.
- Procore: Commitments, Draw Requests, Subcontract and Owner Change orders
- Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, Outlook
- Sage: Accounts Receivable, Billing, Contracts, Project Management, Job Cost, General Ledger
- This is a position which requires the Construction Accountant frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact will with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or