Summary of Position
To provide administrative support for assigned projects and their respective Directors of Construction and other LMC Construction Associates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate complex schedules.
- Assist Director of Construction and Estimator during the bidding process by helping with vendor set-up and bid packages.
- Help create project manuals by setting up paper and electronic project files.
- Assist Director of Construction in creating and distributing subcontractor contracts by completing proper documents such as W-9s, insurance, and SOVs.
- Coordinate all billing associated with a project including weekly payables, processing subcontractor draws, and creating G702s and G703s, working with LMC’s development and accounting teams as necessary.
- Assist with creating and processing owner and subcontractor change orders.
- Assist with maintaining project plans and plan logs.
- Assist with creating and maintaining project documentation including transmittals, shop drawings, RFIs, ASIs, submittals, meeting minutes, and safety reports.
- Assist Director of Construction in creating and maintaining monthly project budget reports and status reports.
- Assist Project Team to collect and compile close-out documentation for owner turn-over such as as-builts, submittals, warranties, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- At least 2 years of previous work experience as a multifamily or commercial construction Project Coordinator or related experience.
- Notary Public is preferred.
- Experience with Timberline Project Management software or equivalent software is preferred.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with vendors, subcontractors and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one’s own work as well as the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up on and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 20 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. This is a position also requires walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around construction sites. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must have dependable transportation for work.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.