Summary of Position Requirements
Provide leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned project. Director of Construction is responsible for support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
- Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manage compilation of GC provided GMP documents.
- Course of Construction
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Organize and run project meetings.
- Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manage subcontractor change orders.
- Review and approve entire subcontractor’s and supplier’s pay request.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Log and distribute new project documentation.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project setup.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor’s work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when necessary.
Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or related study or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manger of Multi-Family and Single Family construction.
- Minimum of five years of experience in multi-family construction industry. At least two years should be in a managerial capacity.
- 4 – 6 years prior related work experience
- Must have excellent communication, organization, management, and people skills. Experience waiver: Management reserves the right to amend, modify or waive any education, experience or skill requirement for this position.
- Change Orders
- Microsoft Office: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel
Equipment & Tools Used
- Company to supply the Director with related office equipment.
- Employee supplied: cellular telephone.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for their use during the workday.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to drive a car or truck.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must work in a construction environment under all weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Must be able to read volumes of information.
- Must be able to perform math calculations including some geometry.
- Must be able to analyze construction documents.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Need to be able to apply deductive reasoning to problematic situations
- Must be able to communicate desired objectives to subcontractors, managers, consultants, associates, customers and other business-related professionals.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours a day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard & calculator.
- Office building and field trailer. Frequent sitting, typing, standing, walking, climbing stairs and/or ladders, and lifting objects up to 60 pounds.
- Driving to and from office building and job sites. Must have dependable transportation.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must work evenings and/or weekends.
- Work around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulate.
- Required mobility around the job site either by walking or use of an automobile.
- Office and personal facilities provided at the job site that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact will with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or