Minneapolis (Edina, MN)
Summary of Position
Performs tasks to ensure the overall cleanliness and proper appearance of vacant apartment homes, leasing office, and amenities to enhance and maintain the community’s appeal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans the leasing office, clubhouse and common-area restrooms, the model(s), amenities and vacant apartment homes on a daily basis or as directed by the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures all vacant apartment homes and models are freshened throughout the day to maintain market-ready appeal.
- Assists in the make-ready process by performing additional duties requested by Service Supervisor, Community Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Informs appropriate supervisor of any observed hazard or potentially dangerous situation to residents, Associates, guests, and others.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of cleaning supplies, and informs the appropriate supervisor when a re-order is necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels, safety, and policy, and procedure manuals.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user moved aids, mechanical equipment, and measuring devices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of practical solutions and follow standardized procedures.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, guests, Associates, and other business contacts
This is a position which requires the Housekeeper to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment community. Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals, paint fumes, solvents, etc. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs independently and 50 lbs with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.