Summary of Position
Provides leadership, direction, and mentoring to the Leasing Associates at the community. With the assistance of the Community Manager, provides strategic direction for the leasing team to accomplish leasing goals as stated in the approved Business Plan and Marketing Plans. Ensures the leasing team is performing up to expectations as they relate to customer service and providing an overall excellent LMC experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the sales/leasing team is focused and highly productive in an effort to meet and exceed the leasing goals as set forth in the business plan.
- Must understand the learning and training gaps for the leasing team, and provides motivation to ensure they are getting the training and education needed to build skills and succeed in their role.
- Responsible for leasing, touring, sales calls, weekly reporting and weekend update reporting.
- Provides a support system for the leasing team, and a method for daily accountability of leasing activity.
- Accountable for the completion of weekly and monthly market surveys.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing all community outreach marketing and locator visits.
- Responsible for ensuring the leasing team has the proper materials and supplies needed for successful lease ups and ensures that to leasing floor is covered at all times.
- Reviews Resident Voice survey results, and other metrics in order to provide feedback to the leasing staff.
- Ensures leasing staff is converting at least 40% of all phone inquiries, and is closing at least 25% of all walk-in traffic.
- Responsible for overseeing the training of the leasing team, in particular the required training courses mandated by LMC.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with LMC, community and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associates/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area of responsibility.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in property management that demonstrates sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions regarding residency.
- Proficiency in executing sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craig’s List, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Leasing Manager to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and apartment communities. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.