Summary of Position
The Marketing Specialist implements programs related to marketing and outreach programs for LMC apartment communities. They are responsible for implementing and overseeing all property level marketing and community relations for multiple communities within a division or region. They will be the touchpoint for all of the properties’ marketing and social media initiatives. This position will help the communities build and maintain all aspects of marketing/community relations/corporate partnerships and Preferred Employer outreach. The Marketing Specialist will work directly with the Regional Property Manager and liaison with the Regional Marketing Director to set goals, expectations, monitor social, and reputation management channels to increase interest and leasing at the communities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- On a monthly basis, complete/audit the marketing plan for the assigned properties.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting/analysis of marketing results, efforts, sources and their effectiveness to make recommendations to Community Manager and Regional Property Manager of assigned property.
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing Director, Regional Property Manager, and Community Manager to develop and implement short and long-range marketing plans that include strategic co-branding opportunities in the neighborhood.
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing Director to implement innovative, state-of-the-art marketing strategies through various internet websites.
- Responsible for local outreach marketing efforts including creating cost-effective advertising strategies, resident referral programs, preferred employer programs, and other initiatives that generate qualified traffic to assist in achieving or exceeding the assigned property’s leasing goals.
- Maintain inventory of brochures and other collateral materials needed for property marketing including direct mailers, flyers, marketing collateral and/or other print materials.
- Assess merchandising of communities within region to ensure brand compliance in all property marketing efforts.
- Responsible for the oversight of fan pages on Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and other networking sites to ensure brand consistency, awareness and audience engagement Provide weekly and monthly analysis of social media tools, trends and applications working with GTMA.
- Create content for on-site social media campaigns and marketing activities. Duties include online advocacy, community-outreach efforts, promotions, events, etc.
- Review and maintain accurate content, photography, and functionality of property websites, including links and other services.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years of marketing or related experience and/or training in marketing or sales.
- Property management experience and Lease-up experience is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suites. (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to develop, maintain, and foster relationships at every level among the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Must be analytical and able to perform intermediate math calculations.
This is a position which requires the Marketing Specialist frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.