(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for the accounting function of LMC’s construction company. Provides regional and division management, corporate office, and joint ventures partners with timely and accurate reports. Performs accounting services complying with company accounting policies and procedures and ensures compliance with internal reporting requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review subcontractor pay apps and general invoices for data entry accuracy, proper approvals, third-party insurance compliance, etc.
- Assist Contract Managers and Contract Coordinators to resolve any issues that arise in the review process.
- Prepare open AP report with check selections for bi-weekly check runs.
- Review and/or enter billings and commitments and commitment change orders into Sage.
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries for financial statements.
- Prepare and enter direct job cost entries for allocations to and/or reallocations of job cost.
- Assist in preparation of monthly general ledger close reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly owner billings of various LMC projects held by joint venture entities.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of monthly subcontractor pay applications and supporting documents, including applicable prelim and final lien releases and insurance-related documentation.
- Provide necessary support to project owners to allow for complete and accurate draw requests to project lenders.
- Ensure division compliance with corporate policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and owner/general contractor agreements. Meet the corporate reporting deadlines as outlined on corporate calendar.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience with a background in commercial construction is required. Experience in multifamily is preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and long-term construction projects.
- Extensive experience surrounding contracting with subcontractors and material suppliers required.
- Must be an expert in reviewing and processing monthly pay applications from subcontractors and monthly billings.
- Proficiency with various computer hardware and software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry, such as, Sage300, TimberScan, and ProCore is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact will with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.