Summary of Position
Responsible for all aspects of operations to include Marketing, Leasing, Training, Hiring, Resident Relations, Curb Appeal, and Overall Market Awareness while managing up to 5 apartment communities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates Community Manager(s) and on-site Associates.
- Provides staff with direction, guidance and tools for success.
- Plans and schedules work in advance.
- Reaches decisions quickly based on available information and develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Initiates research and complete special projects.
- Develops an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the company by providing clear and concise instructions.
- Completes regular community inspections.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responds promptly to Associates/customers’ needs and concerns while being pleasant, cheerful, and tactful.
- Negotiates to maximize the benefits for the organization.
- Approves Purchase Orders pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Monitors Budget Control Log and regularly reports variances.
- Review reports and offer operating recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, contract developments and negotiations, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of timesheets and bonus agreements for their team.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations by analyzing and monitoring the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community.
- Prepares and follows guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Monitors closing ratios of Leasing Professionals to ensure requirements are met and provides additional training as necessary.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Ensures that Associates implement resident retention and renewal programs.
- Supervises and ensures collection of all rent and other property income.
- Inspects property common areas, amenities, models, and vacant apartment home on a regular basis and completes community inspection report.
- Reviews and approves or rejects resident applications.
- Understands and complies with State Landlord-tenant Law and Fair Housing laws and standards.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops a rapport with the residential community.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Seven plus years of property management experience in sales/multifamily leasing, including supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial and human resource documents.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Regional Property Manager to frequently walk, stand and climb of stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which evenings, weekends and holidays.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.