Summary of Position
Responsible for all financial reporting and analysis for an assigned division and/or department. Lead the business planning, financial reporting and cost-controlling efforts for the division and/or department. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting department and the month end close. Manages division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with executive leadership on evaluation of strategic and operating initiatives.
- Document and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of operations through financial and management analyses and reports.
- Responsible for reviewing and meeting the timelines in the quarterly and monthly financial closing schedule.
- Develop, implement, and ensure the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company bookkeeping functions, such as, general ledges, account payables/receivable, and etc.
- Ensures accuracy of entries.
- Manage organizational cash flow and review and ensure all job cost budget revisions.
- Analytical comparison of business plan or forecast to actual results for the division.
- Handles budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Supervise, train, and mentor Assistant Controllers and other Accounting team members.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting and finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and a background in income tax and real estate law.
- A background in real estate development is preferable.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in related industry.
- Proficiency with various computer hardware, software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry.
- Sage 300 accounting system experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills.
- Be a proven team player and excellent leader that can work quickly, accurately, and independently while leading a team in a fast paced environment interacting with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail with ability to learn quickly.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.