Summary of Position
- Responsible for assisting the Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required of corporate accounting. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting department, and the month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures. Responsible for internal and external reporting, including financial institutions and joint ventures. Coordinate joint venture audits. Assist with division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for consolidating accountings, such as REIT assets, reporting financial control functions for a fund.
- Assist with REIT compliance and review on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Prepare financial statements and present financial information for reporting to the corporate office and investment partners.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Utilize IFRS.
- Assist with INREV reporting.
- Coordinate with the accounting department and assist in coordinating audits and tax returns for the fund.
- Review monthly equity draw packages for each asset and assist in compiling a consolidated monthly draw to be delivered to investors.
- Assist with ad hoc requests or questions from investors and internal team members.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate financial and administrative systems and processes for the fund.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Ensures accuracy of entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Draft capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of real estate and/or construction (homebuilding and/or multifamily) experience is required.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience in fund and joint venture accounting is preferred.
- Experience with public accounting is preferred.
- REIT & IFRS experience is a plus.
- Timberline or JD Edwards accounting software experience is a plus.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Be a proven team player and leader that can work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills required; meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.