Summary of Position
The Investments Associate will assist in all aspects of LMC’s investments activities. The Associate will work with LMC’s internal and external legal teams, regional development offices, Controllers and Investments team to ensure a proactive approach to internal and external compliance, reporting standards and partner communication.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to prepare offering memorandums (both debt and equity) for multifamily investments in markets across the US
- Interface with Development Managers to update portfolio budgets, cash flows and document changes from the business plan and incorporate into investment memorandums
- Manage monthly and weekly reporting
- Analyze and perform diligence on financial models and operating budgets
- Perform market and sub-market due diligence
- Demonstrate ability to work independently on applicable financial models and run sensitivity analysis to help managers make informed decisions
- Collaborate with other internal business units to analyze and create submarket reports showcasing inventory, vacancy, absorption, rental rates and sales and lease comparisons
- Verify diligence items
Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous internship/work experience in real estate, preferably real estate finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Economics or related field is required
- Microsoft applications experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude
- Ability to work as a team player
- Outstanding time management skills
- Self starter and highly motivated
- Ability to multi-task
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items up to 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.