Summary of Position
The Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of development for several large-scale multifamily and mixed-use projects with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis and overall management of the development process from inception to stabilization. This position is expected to effectively manage multiple developments concurrently at varying stages and with short deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work hand-in-hand with the Division President, VP of Development, Development Associates, LMC Living and LMC Construction to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, rental comparable information, construction cost estimates, local permit and fee costs and local supply and demand statistics.
- Work with the Investments team to prepare informational packages for the internal Investment Committee as well as Offering Memoranda and periodic reports for equity partners and lenders.
- Oversee all facets of the development process including planning, design, entitlement, construction and lease-up of the projects.
- Thoroughly reviewing civil, architectural and interior design plans to drive quality and cost effectiveness.
- Negotiate leases for retail tenants in mixed-use projects.
- Manage financial underwriting and monitor project budgets.
- Prepare and maintain the financial projections, monthly draw requests and related analyses for the development and operation of the projects.
- Direct the internal project team and outside professionals in creating an effective strategy for the success of the projects and implementing that strategy.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for less experienced Associates.
Education and Experience Requirements
- MBA or MSRED with concentration in Real Estate and/or B.S in Finance/Real Estate/Civil Engineering/ Building Sciences.
- 3+ years of experience in real estate development (preferably with an emphasis on Multifamily), land development and project management and the demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage major development projects.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of architectural documentation, development and construction practices.
- Detail orientation and drive to always be on top of their areas of responsibility.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to manage up and down.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior desire to meet commitments/deadlines.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- Position may require some travel.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Development Manager to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, apartment homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Must have the ability to operate an automobile.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.