Summary of Position
Responsible for assisting the Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required by corporate accounting. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting department and the month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures. Responsible for internal and external reporting, including financial institutions and joint ventures. Coordinate joint venture audits. Assist with division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting the timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Insures appropriateness and correctness of entries.
- Responsible for the review and/or preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Review and ensure the proper recording, maintenance, and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Prepare and submit capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepares or reviews joint venture construction loan draws.
- Coordinates and prepares schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Analytical comparison of business plan or forecast to actual results for both the division and the joint ventures.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Coordinates with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and use taxes, and appeals.
- Assists with documenting and evaluating internal controls.
- Assists in supervising, training and mentoring project accountants.
- Assists in the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of construction or development in Homebuilding and/or Multifamily experience is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience with joint venture accounting is preferred.
- Strong PC skills, including Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Timberline experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have initiative and be able to achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner.
- Strong management skills and the ability to train project accountants.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Accounting Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.