Dallas-Fort Worth (Irving, TX)
Summary of Position
Responsible for the processing and payment of invoices, generating reports, and various other accounting functions. Assist with all reconciliation, reporting, and payment remittance with the Accounting team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process invoices including obtaining proper approvals, verifying account coding, agreement of invoice amounts to contracts and purchase orders, and verifying mathematical accuracy of support.
- Prepare weekly payment register, verify accuracy, and obtain approval from the Controller before submitting check requests.
- Route invoices and check requests for approval. Prepare manual checks/wires if needed.
- Research and resolve pending invoices to allow for timely processing and ensure their accuracy.
- Scan invoices and check requests to the network for retention and audit support purposes.
- Regular contact with other departments in LMC to research and resolve problems.
- Review document history (test for double payments, coding inconsistencies, duplicate commitments, etc.).
- Create and maintain vendor setup.
- Assist with and maintain current 1099 history on required vendors and complete 1099 filings at year-end.
- Meet all required time schedules and month end deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance preferred.
- 2-3 years’ minimum general accounts payable experience required. Public company experience and/or multifamily or construction industry experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic; team player attitude.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess professional attitude to represent LMC in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Advanced PC skills with strong emphasis in Microsoft Office suite.
- Sage/Timberline and Timberscan or any other comparable systems a plus.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 20 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Identify opportunities for systems improvements.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.