At LMC, it’s all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America’s leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Assists and supports the Community Manager in overseeing and managing the financial and operational aspects of the apartment community while maintaining an elevated level of customer service at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete transactions by accurately entering and updating all prospective and current resident information to ensure the integrity of the system and operates the community management system (OneSite).
- Completes the daily transactions and tasks related to the financial operation of the community by collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, preparing daily bank deposits and reconciling bank accounts, preparing financial reports, and processing invoices and payables.
- Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicates with residents regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Reviews and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, obtaining Community Manager approval, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor and accounting.
- Follows the Company’s established procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and representing the community as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
- Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, and processing the disposition in accounting.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and takes appropriate action to resolve and address service issues in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Acts as the on-site supervisor in the absence of the Community Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the Service Supervisor, and managing the operation of the community in compliance with company policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Assists in managing the owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting community tours, providing updates and information about the community’s performance, and responding to owner requests.
- Assists and supports leasing and marketing efforts by greeting prospective residents, gathering information about guest via the Guest Card, showing apartment homes, closing and obtaining the lease deposit, and assisting the prospective resident in completing the rental application and credit verification.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Employment history that demonstrates experience in property management, sales, marketing, and customer service sufficient to assist in managing the day-to-day operation of an apartment community, including but not limited to, resolving customer complaints and issues, completing financial records, documents, and reports, increasing sale revenue, and coordinating the work of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial and other documents.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Assistant Manager to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment community. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes “on-call” work shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.