Summary of Position:
The Senior Director of Retail Asset Management will oversee the growing portfolio of mixed-use retail which currently entails 262,000 SF with another 250,000 SF in the pipeline.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist development team, retail consultants, property management, accounting and senior management in setting and implementing property level business plans to maximize property value by meeting or exceeding underwriting assumptions
- Work through any landlord/tenant conflicts
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including cash flow modeling and reforecasting, review of property operating statements and market research
- Assist in appraisals, valuations, and disposition processes
- Analyze financial data and reports against budgets and financial benchmarks
- Manage monthly and weekly reporting, including working with accounting to manage tenant reimbursement calculations, billings and collections
- Collaborate with other internal business units to analyze vacancy, absorption, rental rates and store sales
- Assist in underwriting of new development or acquisition opportunities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years in commercial real estate, with a focus on retail and mixed-use properties
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Economics
- Advanced Microsoft applications experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude
- Ability to work as a team player
- Outstanding time management skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel as required
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Director of Retail Asset Management ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, a calculator, and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.