Summary of Position
Perform general, administrative, and support duties for the Director of Construction for each assigned project. This includes processing job cost information, administering contracts, and project management administration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate complex schedules.
- Assist Director of Construction and Estimator during the bidding process by helping with vendor set-up.
- Help create project management job file in Procore project management software including initial set up, entering project budget, initial SOV’s, plan logs and Potential change requests.
- Help create project manuals by setting up paper and electronic project files.
- Assist Director of Construction in creating and distributing subcontractor contracts by completing proper documents such as W-9s, insurance, and SOVs.
- Coordinate all billing associated with a project including weekly payables, processing subcontractor draws, and creating G702s and G703s, working with LMC’s development and accounting teams as necessary.
- Assist with creating and processing owner and subcontractor change orders.
- Assist with maintaining project plans and plan logs.
- Assist with creating and maintaining project documentation including transmittals, shop drawings, RFIs, ASIs, submittals, meeting minutes, and safety reports.
- Assist Director of Construction in creating and maintaining monthly project budget reports and status reports.
- Assist Project Team to collect and compile close-out documentation for owner turn-over such as as-builts, submittals, warranties, etc.
- Support the Project Manager and Director of Construction in all administrative tasks
- Review invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that proper backup documents are received and approved by the Project Manager and/or Director of Construction for each project
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- At least 2 years of previous work experience as a multifamily or commercial construction Project Coordinator or related experience.
- Notary Public is preferred.
- Experience with Procore and Timberline Project Management software or equivalent software is preferred.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with vendors, subcontractors and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one’s own work as well as the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up on and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to frequently stand, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry office supplies and materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.