Summary of Position
The Development Manager is responsible for executing all functions of development for multifamily and mixed-use real estate projects with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis, and overall management of the development process from inception to stabilization. The Development Manager is expected to concurrently and successfully work collaboratively with team members and manage multifaceted tasks for multiple projects with short deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and implement all facets of the development process including project and operational budgeting, planning, design, entitlement, construction and lease-up stabilization of the projects
- Thoroughly review civil, architectural, and interior plans to drive quality and cost effectiveness.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor project budgets and prepare monthly project development reports.
- Prepare and maintain the financial projections, monthly draw requests and related analyses for the development and operation of the projects.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Division President, Vice President, Development Associates, LMC Living and LMC Construction to underwrite new development opportunities including assessing market-specific economic and demographic data, rental comparables information, construction cost estimates, local permit and fee costs and local supply and demand statistics.
- Work with the Investments team to prepare informational packages for the internal Investment Committee as well as Offering Memoranda for equity partners and outside lenders.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for less experienced Associates.
Education and Experience Requirements
This is a position which requires the Development Manager to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, apartment homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Must have the ability to operate an automobile.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.