Summary of Position Requirements:
Provides leadership for all on-site field Associates and subcontractors and manages all aspects of up to 3 different construction projects. The Director of Construction is responsible for the budget, scheduling, quality assurance, and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishes all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manages options list and provides accurate pricing of each.
- Assists estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manages compilation of GMP documents.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
- Oversees the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Leads project meetings.
- Regularly updates the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manages subcontractor change orders.
- Reviews and responsible for accuracy of entire subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests; oversee the approval process.
- Analyzes job costs and manages the project to the closing budget.
- Helps Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Logs and distributes new project documentation.
- Resolves subcontractor disputes.
- Provides documentation and directs Contract Coordinator in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Provides assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Project Manager and Contract Coordinator.
- Perform performance evaluations quarterly for construction Associates.
- Ensures Associates and subcontractors are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Addresses warranty issues and completes final documentation.
- Assist Safety Director by providing necessary reports and representing the Company on OSHA inspections.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at the community.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Knowledge of multifamily construction in the Denver, CO region is required.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 5 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Extensive multifamily construction experience is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
This is a position which requires the Director of Construction to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 60 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessar
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.