Summary of Position
As part of the LMC Operations Technology Team, the Director of IT Infrastructure will be responsible for working with LMC’s Development, Construction, Property Management and Accounting Teams as well as Lennar IT to create secure, progressive and consistent infrastructure solutions for LMC offices and communities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with LMC executive and departmental leadership to define strategic infrastructure priorities and timing.
- Liaison with Lennar IT to ensure compliance with global initiatives or proactively define alternate solutions for enterprise, office and community infrastructure.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the LMC Operations Technology Team
- Transform technical ideas into enterprise solutions with input from key stakeholders.
- Ensure infrastructure projects and activities are:
- Scrutinized and vetted for long-term strategic fit
- Documented, coordinated, planned and executed in an effective, timely, and financially responsible manner.
- Define and implement infrastructure standards to provide a secure computing environment and minimize variability throughout the enterprise.
- Recruit, lead and develop key members of the infrastructure team
- Confirm infrastructure is installed consistent with specifications.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external audit requirements
- Develop reliable, timely budgets for projects and recurring infrastructure expenditures for executive approval
- Ensure accurate and timely departmental documentation is effectively distributed to project stakeholders and senior management.
- Manage hurdles and obstacles to ensure successful project and task completion.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase efficiency and interdepartmental interaction and processes improvements.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field is required – preferably with multifamily real estate.
- 8-12 years minimum experience in IT infrastructure roles with progressive responsibility.
- Experience effectively managing other people.
- Experience effectively collaborating and working with resources not in your chain of command.
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- Certifications that demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with IT Infrastructure and Security are preferred.
- Experience reading blueprints preferred.
- Able to travel regularly.
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license and ability to operate an automobile.
This is a position requires frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models, communities and offices. The Director of IT Infrastructure must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office, travel, and go on site visits.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.