Summary of Position:
The Senior Director of Investments will have a leading role in securing construction, bridge and permanent financing for LMC’s portfolio of Class A multifamily communities. The Senior Director will report to and consult with senior management and play a key role in communicating with investors and lenders. Investments Group handles all capital raising, fund management, asset management and oversees LMC’s 26,000 unit portfolio and pipeline.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure construction loans for LMC’s new multifamily developments and bridge or permanent financing upon completion/stabilization.
- Lead term sheet and loan document negotiation in collaboration with respective development teams, LMC’s internal and external counsel, risk management and Lennar Corporate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with lending sources including banks, life companies, GSE lenders and brokers.
- Collaborating with senior management to develop and implement debt strategy for LMC’s portfolio of communities to be owned/operated long term.
- Monitor and provide senior management with reporting related to debt compliance and maturities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all documents relevant to the development, ownership and operations.
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of real estate and other investment summaries with recommendations to senior management for approval.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Real Estate.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in commercial real estate debt finance with a concentration in multifamily construction borrowing/lending.
- Extensive experience negotiating loan agreements.
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong quantitative analysis and advanced Excel skills.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- Able to travel as required.
This is a position which requires the Senior Director of Investments to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, apartment homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.