Summary of Position
The Director of Network Services will be a working manager in charge of a team of network and telecom specialists that maintain LMC’s telecom and network infrastructure. Will also lead and develop a comprehensive network and telecom strategy for all lines of LMC’s business which included Development, Construction, Property Management and Corporate and any newly formed business units that arise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a direct team of engineers responsible for maintaining the uptime, reliability and quality of the voice and data network within LMC.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the Network and Telecommunication Services staff; ensures that the staff is empowered to exercise initiative and work creatively, participate productively in inter-departmental and inter-divisional teams, engage in regular professional development activities, and cooperate and communicate well within LMC as a whole.
- Ensures staff is reviewing, commenting and attending meetings either remotely or on-site for construction plans of LMC assets so they open on time without issue and with minimal change orders as it pertains to technology.
- Ensures the provision of comprehensive, integrated, reliable, high-quality services for LMC in areas such as backbone and local area networking, network facilities and infrastructure, Internet access, high-performance networking, network security, remote access to IT services, and telecommunications.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance of all network and telecom systems.
- Ensures development of and adherence to company’s standards in all areas of network and telecom engineering.
- Develops and implements policies for the appropriate use and management of company’s network and telecommunication resources.
- Ensures all new communities and divisional office network and telecom buildouts are appropriately planned, implemented and completed on time.
- Monitoring of the LMC network and the 50+ sites including all switches, routers, WAPs, PBX systems, etc. to ensure they are operating optimally and not being over utilized.
- Analyze network traffic patterns and recommend areas of improvement using NetFlow tools.
- Maintain backups of all necessary network equipment into a configuration management tool.
- Develops and implements policies for the appropriate use and management of LMC’s network and telecommunications resources.
- Promotes and facilitates effective communication between the Network and Telecommunication Services department and, but not limited to, the LMC Community Technology Services Team, LMC Security Team, LMC Infrastructure Team and the various Lennar Support groups.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related study is preferred
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience. Previous Multi-family or other relevant industry experience at an Enterprise level is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Adept at performing a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to remotely manage a team assigned to multiple projects across the US.
- Experience supporting a decentralized company structure.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a team
- Experienced in fast growing, changing environment.
- Ability to read and comment on construction plans
- Cisco Certifications (CCIE (routing and switching), CCDE, CCAr preferred).
8×8 and Cisco UCS 12.5 Phone System experience.
- 5 years Cisco Meraki experience required
- Experience dealing with telecom vendors at an enterprise level.
- Background working on midsized to large enterprise-level projects.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and Internet software.
- Extensive knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses in networking and telecom.
- Considerable writing proficiency and visual design skills, oral presentation skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
This is a position which requires the Director of Network Services to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office, travel, and go on site visits.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.