Summary of Position
The Insurance Compliance Coordinator is an integral part of the compliance process, responsible for obtaining updated proof of insurance coverage from vendors to maintain compliance with LMC’s consultant agreements. The position will utilize exceptional organizational skills and focus on direct communication and consistent follow-up with new and existing vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Sends follow up emails to vendors and their insurance producers requesting updated proof of General Liability, Auto Liability, Workers Compensation, and Professional insurance coverage
- Reviews certificates of insurance, declaration pages, endorsement schedules, and additional insured endorsements received from vendors or their producers, and determines if compliance with the vendor agreement is met
- Calls vendors and/or insurance producers to follow up on requests for updated proof of insurance coverages
- Initiates or follows up on requests to terminate vendors for noncompliance with insurance requirements
- Processes payment withholdings from vendors for lapses of General Liability insurance, and provides supporting documentation to vendors demonstrating the lapses of insurance coverage
- Updates CRM system with insurance coverage expiration dates and insurance producer contact information
- Scans and saves electronic copies of vendors’ proof of insurance
- Updates weekly insurance compliance management report
- Works on miscellaneous projects and generates ad-hoc reports
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College Degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ minimum Experience with contracts, insurance, legal, payroll, or human resources is preferred but not required
- Real Estate industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong work ethic; team player attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent LMC in a positive manner
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced PC skills with strong emphasis in Microsoft Office suite
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 20 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Identify opportunities for systems improvements
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.