Summary of Position
As part of the Operations team, the Manager of Community Technology Services (CTS) will be responsible for working with LMC Development, LMC Construction, LMC Living, and IT to create consistency in LMC’s resident technology offerings and community telecommunications infrastructure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure CTS projects and activities related to development and existing properties are completed in an effective, timely, and financially responsible manner. Manage hurdles and obstacles to ensure successful project completion.
- Maintain project focus and coordinate tactical efforts to obtain both short and long-term objectives.
- Ensure accurate and timely departmental documentation is effectively distributed to project stakeholders and senior management.
- Effectively communicate project status updates with leadership and key vendors.
- Review and monitor the department’s interaction with senior management, vendors, contractors, outside legal counsel and other stakeholders to determine areas of improvement.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase efficiency and interdepartmental interaction and to improve processes.
- Provide legal and regulatory updates which might have potential impact on the resident technology offerings and vendor selection.
- Manage effective relationships with Executives, Development, Construction, Property Management, Marketing, and Lennar IT resources. Provide effective direction and interaction for architects, contractors, outside legal counsel and other external resources.
- Work with Development and consulting resources to:
- Evaluate voice / data / video vendors and infrastructure alternatives. Consider and suggest cost-effective opportunities for future-proofing voice / data / video opportunities to meet resident expectations.
- Evaluate and integrate unit and amenity area video, data, audio-visual, access control, security systems and lifestyle technologies.
- Review agreements and provide feedback to the CTS Director.
- Ensure that plans and specifications are properly developed early in the design process.
- Define Technology standards to minimize project-to-project variability.
- Track voice / data / video revenue share agreements to ensure compliance.
- Confirm infrastructure is installed consistent with specifications.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in multifamily technology services.
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- Able to travel regularly (typically 60-75% of the time).
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license and ability to operate an automobile.
This is a position which requires the Manager of Community Technology Services frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office, travel, and go on site visits.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.