Summary of Position:
Responsible for maintaining project goals, schedule, and overall quality of project. Manages and mentors on-site field Associates and supervises the work of subcontractors. Ensures project compliance with all building codes and governing authorities’ requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Conducts material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Creates final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Aids in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes.
- Supervises and resolves subcontractor disputes and monitors quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversees subcontractor submittals to construction and development departments.
- Maintains weekly status and safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, Field Engineer, and general labor.
- Creates and maintains site logistics plan.
- Ensures as-builts & SWPPP/BMP progress maps maintained.
- Prepares and maintains the daily work log.
- Creates and manages RFI’s.
- Monitors execution of punch lists & quality control.
- Oversees project photos are regularly taken.
- Organizes and executes schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Provides construction status at OAC meetings.
- Promotes safety on the projects and monitors subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assists with OSHA inspections.
- Oversees and maintains the Lennar Environmental Management System (including SWPPP, air module, etc.).
- Conducts exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Reviews and approves subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Manages all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Oversees project close-out including finalizing as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at the community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 3 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
This is a position which requires the Project Manager to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.