Summary of Position
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager and/or Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required by corporate accounting. Helps with month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures. Prepare reports for internal and external customers, including financial institutions and joint ventures. Assist with division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions..
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting the timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Ensures accuracy of entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Draft capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Coordinates with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and use taxes, and appeals.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience is required.
- Experience with joint venture accounting is preferred.
- Experience with public accounting is preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Be a proven team player and leader that can work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational skills required; meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.