Summary of Position Requirements:
The Senior Associate will assist in all aspects of LMC’s investments activities, and work with LMC’s internal and external legal teams, regional development offices, Controllers and Investments team to ensure a proactive approach to internal and external compliance, reporting standards and partner communication.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist senior Asset Managers in setting and implementing property level business plans to maximize property value by meeting or exceeding underwriting assumptions
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including cash flow modeling and reforecasting, review of property operating statements and market research
- Assist in appraisals, valuations, and disposition processes
- Analyze financial data and reports against budgets and financial benchmarks
- Track historical Income and Expense data
- Analyze granular month by month lease-up strategies
- Manage monthly and weekly reporting
- Collaborate with other internal business units to analyze vacancy, absorption, rental rates and sales
- Assist in underwriting of new development or acquisition opportunities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in real estate finance, preferably with multifamily background
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Economics
- Avanced Microsoft applications experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude
- Ability to work as a team player
- Outstanding time management skills
- Self starter and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel as required
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items up to 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.