Summary of Position:
The Senior Director of Acquisitions will be responsible for sourcing, underwriting and evaluating potential acquisition opportunities. They will also be responsible for managing the transaction process from due diligence through closing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new deal opportunities through networking with brokers and capital partners and seeking out off-market opportunities through direct relationships with developers
- Review and screen acquisition opportunities
- Underwrite transactions
- Lead the due diligence and transaction closing processes and transition newly acquired assets to the asset management team
- Prepare and present investment committee memos
- Assist in the management and mentorship of team Associates and Analysts
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years in real estate acquisitions, asset management or finance, preferably with a multifamily acquisitions background
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Economics
- Advanced Microsoft applications experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude
- Self starter and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel frequently
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Director of Acquisitions ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, a calculator, and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.