Summary of Position Requirements:
Responsible for maintaining project goals, job site safety, schedule, and overall quality of project. Manages and mentors on-site field Associates and supervises the work of subcontractors. Ensures project compliance with all building codes and governing authorities’ requirements.
The project consists of three mid-rise buildings housing 450 residential units. (north building – 80 units; east building – 183 units; west building – 187 units) Although the work will be continuous, the project is designed phased and will be constructed as such. Phase I consists of shoring, excavation, and structural concrete. The north building is in phase II, phase III houses the east building, and the last phase contains the west building and surrounding elements. There is a good mix of amenities throughout the buildings, with a swimming pool and spa at grade level located immediately to the south of the north building. There is one sub level for parking, some grade level parking, and a mezzanine for parking at the west building. The north and west buildings have retail along the ground floor facing 70th street and 176th avenue.
This position will be based in Redmond Washington (Eastside of Seattle)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Coordinate pre-construction meetings with each trade partner prior to execution of work to set expectations.
- Conducts material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Creates final project schedule along with the Director of Construction and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Maintain and update project master schedule and look ahead schedules weekly.
- Aids in compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes to reduce scope gaps and minimize risk of potential change orders.
- Supervises and resolves subcontractor disputes and monitors quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversees subcontractor submittals with construction and development teams.
- Maintains daily and weekly status of safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Superintendent, Finish Superintendent, Field Engineer, and general labor.
- Creates and maintains site logistics plan.
- Ensures record drawings & SWPPP/BMP progress maps maintained.
- Prepares and maintains the detailed daily work log with all categories reviewed and filled out.
- Creates and manages RFI’s.
- Monitors execution of pre punch lists, contractor punch, owner punch & quality control throughout the process.
- Oversees project photos are regularly taken.
- Organizes and executes weekly schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Provides construction status at OAC meetings.
- Promotes safety on the projects and monitors subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assists with OSHA inspections.
- Oversees and maintains the Lennar Environmental Management System (including SWPPP, air module, etc.).
- Conducts exit meeting with 3rd party inspectors.
- Reviews and approves subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Manages all construction administrative functions on the project.
- Oversees project close-out including finalizing record drawings and collecting close-out documents.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at the community.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Field Construction experience is required.
- Minimum of 7 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in construction with at least 10 years in multifamily construction is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS projects, Bluebeam, and Procore)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level/laser, calculator, and etc.
- OSHA 10 (OSHA 30 preferred)
- CESCL Preferred
Physical & Mental Requirements:
This is a position which requires the Senior Superintendent to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.