(Aliso Viejo, CA)
Summary of Position
Responsible for assisting in all financial reporting and accounting related services required for the Division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciles and analyzes various Company General Ledger accounts.
- Ensures entries.
- Contacts division personnel as necessary to obtain required information.
- Prepares or updates spreadsheets.
- Organizes, codes and submits vendor invoices for payment.
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries.
- Prepare JV financial statements and variance analysis.
- Assist in the monthly budget reviews with the development team and update job cost budget summary schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical procedures as needed.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the development team and AP closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 2‐3 years of related accounting experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude.
- Must possess professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.