Summary of Position
The Staffing Associate is accountable for delivering exceptional and unique educational courses via a blended platform approach, participating in the development of LMC Living’s training curriculum and programs whereby providing Associates with confidence and skills to achieve excellent performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts and facilitates training programs by making appropriate travel arrangements, preparing and packaging participant and facilitator materials, coordinating the registration and set-up process, and updating and revising training programs as necessary to ensure the curriculum meets the training needs of the Regional Property Manager and the associate.
- Provides input into the development of training programs by researching operating processes and policies or content-related information, authoring participant and facilitator training materials, designing instructions, practice and other learning activities, and developing other support materials, including PowerPoint presentations, audiovisuals, graphics, job aids, and other documents.
- Acts as a performance improvement resource to managers by following up to provide individual coaching and one-on-one training, conducting remedial and refresher training, and suggesting education and training alternatives and options based on specific situations.
- Manages the training calendar for the assigned geographic area to ensure adequate availability of required and supplemental programs by communicating with managers to ascertain specific needs, tracking turnover and new-hires, and creating and publishing a training calendar.
- Works with third-party vendors, contractors, and other business partners to enhance or augment internal training programs, and provides customer service by working with senior management to develop and produce training and communication materials.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, business or related field, with 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Property Management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to create and make presentations to team members at all levels, and to design and teach information systems training programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports, produce necessary communication materials, and use the internet for communication, research, and other business purposes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in property management software (Real Page), and other computer applications and software used by the Company sufficient to deliver training and marketing programs.
- Proficiency in project management skills to create project plans, track and monitor progress, meet production and delivery deadlines, and oversee project implementation across multiple properties or geographic areas.
This is a position which requires the Staffing Associate has to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, apartment homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to facilitate and attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence or other forms of communication.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.