Updated February 12th, 2020
The following Privacy Notice applies to LMC Living, LLC, a Delaware limited liability and LMC Living, Inc., a California corporation (hereinafter collectively “LMC”) in connection with your use of www.livelmc.com and other specific websites managed by LMC (collectively our “Properties”). The terms “we”, “us”, or “our” refer to LMC, and the terms “you” and “your” refer to you, a rental customer or other visitor accessing our Properties.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of the types of information we may collect, how such information is used, with whom information may be shared, your choices regarding the control of communications and the security procedures we use to protect your information.
Please note that LMC does not sell your information to third parties.
Categories of Information We Collect
At different occasions, you may provide LMC with the following information:
- Contact Information: We may request and collect, without limitation, your name, address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, fax number and cell phone number.
- Additional Information About You: We may request and collect, without limitation, information about the home you are renting including the community, mailing address, and anticipated move-in date.
- When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, we will request a copy of your resume, your highest level of education and information about the type of job you are seeking.
- Access to Camera and Photos: Our Property Mobile Applications may request access to your mobile device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us permission.
- Comments to Our Blog Posts: When you post a comment to our blog, we collect your comment, name, and email address.
- You may also provide us similar information regarding your household members and pets.
Additionally, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information about your transactions with us.
We may collect the following contact information that you provide, confirm, or update while using the Properties:
- The services that you desire to order and your preferences regarding service information (services information).
- You may provide credit card information to pay for services that are ordered (credit card information), but please note such information is processed directly by the applicable third-party vendor or payment processor (not LMC).
- The email addresses of friends and family to receive a notification regarding your move (friends and family contact information).
- Your preferences regarding the forwarding of USPS mail (preferences information).
Certain units in our Properties are equipped with smart home devices to enable smart features related to security, heating, cooling, sun shades and lighting. If you use these features, the devices will collect certain data about you, your use of the device, and device statistics, subject to the privacy policies of the device manufacturers. You are responsible for removing any personal data from such smart devices when you vacate the Property.
In some cases, we may combine information we collect through our Properties with information collected from other online and offline sources.
When you make inquiries concerning your current LMC apartment home, we will also request the identity of the community where your apartment home is located.
Note: If you are a real estate agent seeking information on our communities, a party interested in conducting business with LMC or if you contact us with land you have for sale, we will request your contact information.
Use of Information You Provide to LMC
Except as otherwise specifically provided in this Privacy Notice or as specifically required by law, any communication or material you provide to us, whether received online, electronically, in person or otherwise collected by or submitted to us, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-proprietary. Anything you submit, transmit or post may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, market research, development of prospect lists, project planning, broadcast, posting and marketing, among other things, as permitted by law and except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice.
We may also use information provided by you or transmitted to us through the Properties to send you electronic and other messages about a property in one of our communities. Your use of our Properties constitutes your permission to do so unless you specify otherwise pursuant to applicable law, as discussed below. We comply with the US Federal CAN-SPAM Act, and make every effort to ensure that our messages are not considered Spam. Of course, you may unsubscribe from any messages we send at any time and you will not receive further promotional electronic messages from us after following the instructions included within the message. Please note that you may continue to receive non-promotional emails from us regarding operational issues surrounding your apartment, your lease, and/or your community. Additionally, we may always email you in response to your correspondence or in connection with any other transactions you have with us.
Categories of Information We Disclose
Except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice, we may use, share, or disclose all of the information that we collect from you as a prospective, current or former customer:
- In connection with the fulfilment of the services that you request through the Properties.
- To respond to your requests, comments and questions and identify your interests so that we may assist you in finding properties and services provided by LMC and third parties that may be of interest to you.
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of the Properties
- As required by law or valid legal process.
- In response to appropriate governmental requests.
- As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action in connection with potential illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
- To manage our business.
- To protect our interests.
- To support direct marketing and other opportunities of LMC and third parties as described herein.
- To assist you in finding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- At your request, using contact information you provide, we will inform your designated friends and family of your move into our Property and your new contact information.
- Parties to Whom We Disclose
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of select third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance agents;
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers and direct marketers;
- We may share your contact information and new apartment home information with third parties who assist LMC in offering products or services to you;
- We may share your contact information and new apartment home information with carefully selected third parties that agree with LMC to offer products or services to users of the Properties.
- We contract with business service providers to provide business functions on our behalf, such as credit card processing, payment and billing processing, IT systems management, third party hosted applications, customer service, email marketing and website analytics, and marketing research. We require service providers with access to personal information to use and protect personal information in accordance with the standards of this Privacy Notice.
- In the event that LMC, an LMC-owned property, or a portion of its business is acquired by another company, including in bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to the successor company.
- Information Sharing with Companies that Perform Services on our Behalf
We may disclose any or all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform services on our behalf. The categories of third parties with whom we have contracted may include, among others:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance agencies ; and
- Other service providers, such as package locker vendors, print vendors, and software programmers.
Please note that LMC does not sell your personal nonpublic information and the sharing of your information with service providers or third parties does not provide any compensation or consideration for LMC.
- Service Provider & Third Party Policies
Safeguarding Your Information
Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond the control of LMC, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. However, LMC complies with applicable law regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those associates who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
Your Right to Control Communications
We may provide you with an “opt-in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal data. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our use of your personal data for the designated purposes (such as sending you such further communications) and we will not make such use of your personal data unless you have “opted-in.” An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to use your personal data in certain ways (such as to send you such further communications), and if you “opt-out” we will not make such use of your personal data. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal data for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt-out” at any time by contacting us as provided below.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
The Properties do not currently support “do not track” browser settings.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Properties and other websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
You may also be able to limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions
You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please send a written request to LMCPrivacy@livelmc.com
Supplemental Privacy Notice For California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Revised: January 1, 2020
Your California Privacy Rights
California consumers have the right to request any of the following information from LMC regarding personal information collected about you during the preceding 12 months:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- For personal information disclosed to a third party for a business purpose: categories of personal information and categories third parties.
- The specific personal information collected about you.
We will provide this information free of charge up to two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request (including verification of your identity and your California residency), subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. Specific personal information about you or your account that is categorized as sensitive or confidential may be redacted.
California consumers have the right to request that we delete any personal information about the consumer which we have collected regarding the consumer. We will honor this request subject to the range of exclusions permitted by law. For example, we are not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction or reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship or if it is used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
We do not sell your information to third parties.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. California residents may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as follows:
By phone: 1-800-219-0665
By email: LMCPrivacy@livelmc.com
By submitting a request via the LMC Privacy Request Form
Please note that in order for a request to be verifiable, the you may be required to confirm information that we have on file for you; including email address, phone numbers, full names, addresses and other information. We reserve the right to deny a consumer request if the identity of the requesting party cannot be confirmed.
Our Privacy Notice for sharing nonpublic personal information about former customers is the same as our Privacy Notice for current customers.
Information Collection For Minors
The Properties are not directed at or intended to be used by minors, and we will not intentionally collect or maintain personal information about anyone under the age of 13, except for information provided by the relevant parent(s) or guardian(s). If we discover that we have collected any other personal information about anyone under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete such information from our systems.
Revisions of Terms
LMC may at any time revise the Privacy Notice or Terms and Conditions by updating the posting. You are bound by any such revision and should therefore periodically visit the Properties to review the then current terms and conditions, privacy notice and legal disclaimers to which you are bound.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this important information.
This Privacy Notice is effective as of date set forth at the top of this Privacy Notice and is incorporated into and subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of these Properties.